9.11.06

welcome

just wanted to say hello to everyone and welcome them to the recipe box. this is the place where we will share old recipes, new recipes, but most importantly very tasty and yummy recipes. it seems to me that this holiday time of year is the perfect time to share with others the perfect shortbread cookie to have with your cup of tea. or a potato gratin that makes your mouth water before you even pull it out of the oven. whatever you want to share let me know. email me (hannah.therecipebox @ gmail.com) and i will post your recipe, or if you are looking for something specific, leave a comment. i know someone who is reading will have what you are looking for. mostly just sit back and enjoy. and if you really feel like it, copy one down, take some time one evening and create something wonderful in your own kitchen!

9 comments:

Heidijayhawk said...

can't wait to get started hannah! i'll have to look through my own box!

jessica said...

this is great. i have so many old stand-bys that i am excited to share.

Elizabeth said...

Hannah, this is awesome! I actually have my grandmother's old tin recipe box, full of recipes that she withheld from my mother for decades. I can hardly wait to share.

Danielle said...

I'm so excited about this! I'll have to see what I can share. I'm thinking of my banana bread, and a squash soup that someone shared with me.

I have something I would love to get suggestions for -- recipes for hors d'oeuvres or finger foods that can be served at a "drop in" or "open house" kind of party. Something not too complex ... something that can be put out on trays and left out through the day. Hot foods are ok too, as long as they can be prepped ahead of time and just cooked/heated as needed.

I would love to see what others like to cook and serve at this kind of party...

julieree said...

rock on hannah!!
this is awesome. such a good idea. you are so so good to think of it and put it all together.

(and very brave of you to wade into beta. i've been thinking about it but keep putting it off. will have to do it soon, i think.)

Marissa said...

I'm so excited about this blog! Can't wait to see (and eat) all that is posted.

Claudia said...

Looking forward to sharing and cooking/baking! This might just be what finally gets me to cook with my mom and WRITE down her recipes!!! Thanks, Hannah!

Leslie said...

Hannah, what a fun little space you have here! :) Can't wait to read more and to contribute some too! :)

Elle Rodrigues said...

It's a incredible blog. I realy like this.Beautifull.